Open Auditions! for ALL THE KING'S WOMEN
AUDITION DATES: Thursday, Sept. 14 at 5:30 pm until 7:00 pm Sunday, Sept. 17 at 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm
ABOUT THE PLAY: The story of Elvis Presley told through the eyes of 17 WOMEN. Some enthralled. Some appalled. All obsessed. From Tupelo, Mississippi where 11-year-old Elvis wanted a BB gun instead of a guitar, to The Steve Allen Show, from President Richard Nixon's office, to Andy Warhol's studio, from Cadillac salesmen, to Graceland guards, this is a touching, bring-the-family comedy with a heart that captures the effects that fame, generosity, & just being a nice guy can bring to others!
Transitions between scenes are anchored by recorded radio addresses that reinforce the appropriate historical flavor accompanying the life, times, and legacy of Elvis Presley beyond just his music.
- RADIO ANNOUNCER(S) - can be distributed among 1-8 actors
- SALESWOMAN - a saleswoman in a music store in 1946 Tupelo, Mississippi
- ABBY - Steve Allen's secretary, of the Steve Allen Show on NBC, 1956
- BARBARA - a TV censor for NBC, 1956
- CYNTHIA - Elvis's messenger, 1956
- EVE - a woman who runs into Elvis in a Memphis supermarket,1967
- ALICE - a White House secretary, 1970
- BETH - a White House secretary, 1970 CATHY - a White House secretary, 1970
- ALLIE - one of Warhol's assistants, 1963
- BONNY - one of Warhol's assistants, 1963 CINDY - one of Warhol's assistants, 1963
- LORA - a Cadillac saleswoman, 1976
- MONA - a Cadillac saleswoman, 1976
- PAULA/PAUL - manager of a Cadillac dealership, 1976, can be male or female
- GUARD - a guard at Graceland, 1977, can be male or female
- EDDIE - Leslie's boyfriend and Elvis superfan, the present
- LESLIE - former employee of the Graceland gift shop, the present
PRODUCTION DATES: Nov. 10-13 and 17-19, 2017 Dave Scherer is directing. For more info or to schedule an alternative time for your audition, please contact the HHOH at 605-584-2067 or email@example.com.